I was nominated for some awesome blog awards by some awesome bloggers lately and since I have four free days in a row to spend in pyjamas and writing blog posts (yes, more photos of Venice are to come!) (besides the daily Holy Week Music History Series, of course, which nobody ever reads) (yes, that’s exactly what it sounds, an accusation), I decided to slowly start answering all those complicated questions that seem to come with blog awards.
The Liebster Blog (an award clearly of German descent) comes from lovely Federica, a fellow sufferer from the famous Dutch weather. She honoured me with it some, well, nine months ago. Ehem. That tells everything that needs to be told about my social abilities.
The rules are:
- post 11 facts about yourself
- answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you has given you
- nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tell them about it
- make 11 questions for the people you are nominating
1. I kept a strictly vegetarian diet for four years. It wasn’t a decision – I just stopped eating meat after my dog died of spinal cord cancer. During those four years I never missed meat. And then, on a random day I felt like okay, let’s try it, and since then, I’m back on the carnivore trail.
2. I sleep on my stomach. Always. It’s the only position I ever fall asleep.
3. I’m one of those terrible fresh air fanatics that get nervous if they have all windows closed around them. I sleep with open windows through almost the whole year.
4. I sleep in socks. Well, with the windows open it’s usually rather necessary.
5. At the age of three I was bitten by a pine marten at the zoo of Veszprém. It could have been a tiger!
6. I was born to be a natural shaman – I have more bones than the most of you. I’m still figuring out what to make out of it. The possibilities for modern shamans are endless.
7. At the age of 18 I seriously wanted to be a Franciscan nun. Maybe I did become one in a parallel universe.
8. I have butterfly stickers on my walls.
9. I don’t shampoo my hair since two years. What I use are baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Recently I was trying out some Rhassoul powder, and it’s amazing, but, well, baking soda is cheaper. There were also times when I didn’t wash my hair at all (the same times when I visited McDonald’s wearing my pyjamas) (oh, those precious depression months, they made me learn to appreciate small successes. I managed to go out, even if I didn’t manage to get properly dressed).
10. I also don’t use soap (or any artificial cleanser) on my face. I’m doing the oil cleansing method since almost two years. Best decision ever.
11. I’m gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free. Well, on most days. Just don’t take notice of my ice-cream photos.
Now you all have a pretty clear picture about my digestion, sleeping habits and beauty routine. And my depression, of course. Don’t forget my depression.
Federica’s questions were:
1. Do you believe in Destiny? – Actually, no. Some things in life just doesn’t make sense and we should accept that.
2. Would you ever like to get married? – It depends. At this moment, no. But, well, I’m not in love right now.
3. Cats or dogs? – Cats and dogs.
4. If you had to bring back a famous person from the past, who would you choose? – I feel that I should mention Bach or Mozart here but whom I really would like to meet once more is my grandmother who died when I was thirteen.
5. What do you think will happen December 21st, 2012? – Well, what did actually happen on December 21st, 2012? I was shopping for Christmas and wrote blog posts about the shadowy side of being Hungarian.
6. Do you drink coffee? – Yes. I definitely do.
7. What’s your favorite cake? – I have no favorite cake. Unbelievable but true.
8. Why did you start blogging? – I started writing my Hungarian blog in my first year in The Hague because I felt lonely. This blog I started to host my project 365.
9. What was/is your favorite high-school subject? – I was in a class specialised in biology and mathematics and I hated high-school with my very heart. Most of the time I didn’t even visit school, so let us just forget this question very quickly, please.
10. What’s the last country you visited? – Italy.
11. How often do you check out my blog? – I follow your blog on WordPress so I get every new post per mail.
My 5 nominees:
For this award I’ve chosen bloggers whose theme is (mostly) Hungary. I don’t bother myself with finding out the amount of followers they have – mostly it’s not public anyway. I nominate bloggers whose work I like for one reason or another. My nomination is not obligatory, so if one of you doesn’t like to participate, answer my questions or share things about himself/herself, please feel free to ignore me. Of course I’m happier if you don’t ignore me, haha.
1. Andrei Stavilă’s photoblog.
2. Linnea from A year in Budapest.
3. Leopold and his friends from hold the camera.
4. István from Konceptofon.
5. William Lower from Three Years on Mars.
1. How (or why) did you end up living in Budapest?
2. Do you have a pet?
3. How often did you move during your life?
4. In how many countries have you lived yet? I mean lived, not travelled.
5. In which ones?
6. What was your first word as a baby?
7. Your favourite Hungarian food?
8. What’s the colour of the socks you’re wearing right now? (Sorry, I’m running out of questions that make sense.)
9. How many siblings do you have?
10. Where do you plan to travel next?
11. Why exactly there?
As we say it here in Salzburg, viel Spaß!