1. Other people’s cars.
2. Random fireworks I saw from the balcony the other day.
3. My ladybird earrings. They aren’t new, but I find myself wearing them every day lately.
4. Sea salt chocolate made in Piran.
5. Books from an English bookstore in Ljubljana. I’ve already finished the two Mma Ramotswe stories but haven’t started The Cuckoo’s Calling yet.
6. Speaking of books: new bookshelves. This is a never-ending battle between me and my books in which I’m still on the losing side.
7. Mini bottles of nail polish, bought in Maribor. I’ve never really gotten behind the ways nail polish rules the emotional life of women but Hungarian Health Care System is a weird, cruel place and I – being emotionally not exactly the toughest lately – need every bit of glittery distraction I can get to survive it.
8. That my time in Hungarian Health Care System is almost over. Only eleven more exams to go and I’m free to choose my own path again.